We had our fellow slasher fan Josh give us his top 10 holiday horror movies. Thanks Josh for your list and for being a guest reviewer here on Slasher Studios. We will have our own list coming very soon so make sure to keep an eye out for it.
1. Black Christmas – 1974 – â€œLet me lick your pretty piggy cunt!â€ A group of sorority sisters are getting ready for their Christmas vacation when they start receiving startling phone calls and some of their sisterâ€™s start disappearing. Definitely one of the best and first slasher films of all time.
2. Halloween – 1978 – A psychotic murderer institutionalized since childhood escapes on a mindless rampage while his doctor chases him through the streets. A classic.
3. April Foolâ€™s Day – 1986 – â€œNice? It’s gotta be better than nice. It’s gotta be bloody unforgettableâ€ A group of friends stay at a secluded mansion and start to learn dark secrets about each other, until one by one they start dying. A fun twist ending.
4. Trick r Treat – 2007 – Poison, Drowning, Claw, Or Knife. So Many Ways To Take A Life.
5. Childâ€™s Play – 1988 – â€œHi, I’m Chucky. Wanna play?â€ Little Andy gets a Good-guy doll for his birthday, little does he know a serial killer has put his soul Into the doll. Soon after Chucky learns he has to transfer his soul Into the first person he told he is a real person & Chucky wants to play with Andy for keeps.
6. Bloody Birthday – 1981 – In 1970, three children are born at the height of a total eclipse. Due to the sun and moon blocking Saturn, which controls emotions, they have become heartless killers ten years later, and are able to escape detection because of their youthful and innocent facades. A boy and his teenage sister become endangered when they stumble onto the bloody truth.
7. Valentine – 2001 – Four Friends start to receive morbid valentine day cards. Someone out there is stalking them….someone they all spurned when they were younger. And Valentines Day 2001 is the Day she/he gets their revenge.
8. My Bloody Valentine – 1981 – â€œSarah, be My Bloody Valentineâ€ On Valentineâ€™s Day 20 years ago there was a big mining accident where many men were caved in, one survivor, Harry Warden, goes kills the trapped men. The town of Valentine Bluffs was warned to never celebrate Valentineâ€™s Day again, but when the town finally decides to heave the tragedy in the past it comes back to haunt them.
9. Silent Night, Deadly Night – 1984 – There may have been killer Santas before it, but no doubt “Silent Night, Deadly Night” is the killer Santa movie you remember. It’s iconic, a little spooky, and it’s better if you forget all the sequels.
10. Happy Birthday to Me – 1981 – Virginia is proud that she belongs to a clique. The best students at a private school. But before her 18th birthday, a grueling set of murders take place and her friends are the ones who are falling prey. Could it be her? She suffers from blackouts due to a freak accident one year earlier. We soon learn the truth behind her accident and what is going on.