Sorry for the delay. Been putting in extra hours at work and haven’t had the time to update my list as I thought I was going to. Sorry here is No.’s 5 thru 1 for your enjoyment. :)
5. I love it when TV Shows do a random episode around Halloween that is somehow horror theme. You know it’ll all end up being a joke or a dream and no one will die but somehow that only adds to the enjoyment and fun of it all.
4. I have a soft spot for horror sequels. When they take out the plot, amp up the murders, and dumb down the characters….all of this should be a recipe for disaster but somehow, in horror, it all works. Some are even better than the originals! Case in point…
3. I don’t mind horror remakes as long as they are rated R and add something new to the story. I think Rob Zombie’s “Halloween” is the best of the new crop and I have to admit I am one of the few horror fans (maybe the ONLY one) that actually enjoys it more than the original. His sequel is actually pretty damn good too!
2. Heather Langenkamp is my favorite horror movie Scream Queen. It’s a bit sad that she wasn’t able to use her work in the “Nightmare on Elm Street” series to get more work. She is tough, resourceful, and independent. Three traits missing in most horror movie heroines today. Plus I have a lot of affection for her short lived sitcom “Just the Ten of Us”. After all, what other show in history feature three Freddy girls?!?! Gotta love it.
1. Nothing in the world can cure a bad day like a good horror movie. Horror movies lift the spirit, shows that good can triumph over evil, and that being a good person at heart can truly save the day.