10. “The Texas Chainsaw Massacre” was the first horror movie I ever saw at the tender age of 5. It scared the bejesus out of me so much that I refused to go to bed that night and stayed up for nearly thirty hours. It took me nearly a decade before I was able to watch the film again.
9. “A Nightmare on Elm Street” is my favorite horror series. Though the later sequels do suffer from a drop in quality (especially parts 5 and 6), I feel as if this horror series was the most consistently creative and that Freddy is still one hell of a bad guy.
8. “Black Christmas” is the best horror movie I’ve ever seen. Some give the credit to “Halloween” but that simply is not fair. “Black Christmas” did it first and did it better. It is the grandmother of the slasher film, four years before “Halloween”. “Black Christmas'” power is impossible to deny; its characters are compelling, the imagery poignant, and the acting top-notch.
7. “Poltergeist III” is my ultimate guilty pleasure. It’s stupid, over-the-top, and complete and utter nonsense. But I cannot deny that I love it so.
6. I don’t enjoy zombie or possession movies. I just don’t find either genre of horror to be all that interesting. Though I cannot deny the power of “The Exorcist” or the sheer joy that I get out of watching “Night of the Creeps.” Well “Return of the Living Dead 2” does hold a special place in my heart. If only for this scene:
#5 -#1 Coming Tomorrow :)